Exams are held each year in two blocks: April-June and August-September. Each student will be assessed for exam eligibility throughout the year. This will be based on weekly progress and performance readiness. Students usually spend approximately one year preparing for a practical examination.
- Find out more at the AMEB NSW website: https://www.ameb.nsw.edu.au/
Each student at the studio will have the opportunity to perform for family and friends in the studio concert at the end of each year. Hosted in a private venue, it is a semi-formal event for the purposes of building performance confidence, and to celebrate the achievements of the last year.
Each student is strongly encouraged to engage in as many performance opportunities as possible. Each year, eisteddfods are held in Sydney, Penrith, Newcastle, Wollongong, and Shoalhaven.
- Sydney - https://sydneyeisteddfod.com.au/
- Penrith - http://www.penritheisteddfod.com.au/
- Lake Macquarie (Newcastle) - https://www.lakemacquariemusicsociety.org.au/eisteddfods/
- Wollongong - https://www.wollongongeisteddfod.com.au/
- Shoalhaven (Nowra) - https://www.shoalhaveneisteddfod.org.au/
NSW Creative Kids
NSW Creative Kids may be able to provide your family with $100 per year for each child that learns piano at the studio. Find out if you are eligible here: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/campaign/creative-kids